Saturday, June 2, 2018

FOC Programmes Organised by NLB

I told my son that since we already paid a sum of money for his June immersion trip that he's going with his school, I would not be signing him up for any other paid holiday programmes. Does this mean that he would just sit and rot at home? Nope! There are a lot of FOC programmes organised by several organisations and NLB is one of them!!! Gone are the boring days when people just go to the library to borrow books... Do you know that NLB also organises a lot of programmes for the youngs and olds? Libraries are one of the places that I like to bring my son, not just to borrow books, but to attend the various fun and mostly free activities. During June when it's generally hotter weather, we also go to the libraries for free air-con, haha...

My son loves programming or robotics type of programmes, so I'll usually look out for such programmes and mind you... many of these programmes are "sold out" pretty fast!!! Mostly are free to attend but you need to register for your child to secure a seat as they have a maximum limit. Some of the upcoming FOC programmes...
  • Programme Your Own Computer Ball with Hackaball
  • Introduction to Programming with Swift Playground
  • Introduction to Sphero
  • Fun with Jimu Robot
  • 3D Modelling with Tinkercad
  • Programming a Robot with Ozobot
  • 3D Pen Workshop

The following two programmes used micro:bit and require you to pay some money for the cost of materials/kit. You need to bring along your micro:bit if you have previously received a set from IMDA Digital Maker programme. If you don't already have one, they'll give you a set that you can bring it home. My son, hubby and I had previously attended one of such micro:bit programmes, and each of us received a set, so we have 3 sets at home now to play with, haha...
  • Digital Maker: Mini Finger Soccer 
  • Digital Maker: Spin Art
Want to know more about micro:bit? Read this.

If you think these programmes are only for boys, well think again... More and more schools are introducing programming such as Scratch, micro:bit, Moway, etc to their students, regardless of gender, so why not just sign up one of these programmes for your child to try it out? It's always good to introduce and equip our children with new knowledge.

Click here to go to NLB website, programmes category. They also have arts and crafts activities too! You just have to explore the website if you don't already know about it...


P/S: I'm not engaged by NLB or IMDA to publicise their programmes. I have brought my son, even my girl, to a number of activities organised by NLB or IMDA, and they enjoyed many of these programmes, especially those on programming and robotics, so just sharing with people if they don't already know... By sharing, I'm actually getting myself more competitors when signing up programmes for my children and even myself, haha...

1 comment:

  1. Teton dioxide SPF / TITON 1-10 OZ / Titanium dioxide
    Teton mens wedding bands titanium dioxide SPF / TITON 1-10 titanium oxide formula OZ / does titanium have nickel in it Titanium dioxide is a compound with capsaicinoids. It ford fusion titanium has a similar structure to the normal capsaicinoids trex titanium headphones in

    ReplyDelete