Saturday, May 21, 2016

Air Con Installer - Part 2

In part 2, I'm going to share about what I've gathered on Gain City (GC). To get similar specifications as what I asked from AD for MXY-4A28VA / MSY-GE10VA X3 + MSY-GE24VA, I would have to pay around $4,584. The price includes upgrading to 1/2 inch insulation (class 1 Armaflex) at $160, G22 copper pipe at $80 and $85 for additional trip.

Usually two trips installation is recommended as the first trip is to remove old piping/aircons and install new piping, and second trip is to install the new aircons after renovation has completed. The reason is that if you install the new aircons before renovation is completed, they may get very dusty and it won't be good for us when the aircons blow out dusty air. By default, GC only offers one trip, so you would need to top up if you need another trip.

While the 5 years extended warranty doesn't have catch like you have to buy servicing package from them, it does have other catch... We were told that the extended warranty would only cover up to a certain amount and once you reach that amount, the extended warranty would cease. If we want to have unlimited amount during the 5 years period, we would have to top up $129.

GC is one of the popular choices that many people go for but still, we decided to drop them from our consideration because
  1. The price is on the high side.
  2. I read quite a number of "horror stories" about GC on online forums and blogs. Example, I saw some comments talking about they pushing from one party to another party when something happened, so pointless to have warranty when you cannot get them to do the repairs. I also read how the installer damaged wardrobe/cupboard and another case whereby installer damaged the floor tile, and they cannot complain to GC to ask for compensation as the installers are the ones having to pay for any damage.
Please read my reviews/findings with a pinch of salt as your expectation and budget may be different from us. What we find expensive or not good, you may not feel so.

Upcoming next, I'll share with you about the recommended materials to use for air con installation based on what I gathered from my online research before I share more about other air con installers.

1 comment: