Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Our First Major Purchase!

Since we have confirmed on the ID, it's time to do some shopping and researching for plumber, electrician and air-con company. No idea where to start off first, I just "wandered" about in Internet, particularly Renotalk forum. By chance, I came upon a thread that discussed about kitchen sink and the much discussed sink was Kraus brand that people bought and shipped it back from Amazon US. Yup, you heard it right! 

The first few people who bought a Kraus sink actually paid for the shipping fees as it was not entitled to free shipping to Singapore, then someone shared that she managed to get the shipping fees waived! Now that's a pretty attractive deal if shipping fees (it's a whopping USD 250+!) can be waived, so many people tried to get it waived and most of them succeeded doing so. 

With all the good reviews and comments about unlikely to get such a good solid stainless steel sink at ~SGD500 locally, I decided to join the Kraus sink gang on Renotalk forum as well, haha... I wrote in, with a "story", to seek for a waiver of the shipping fees and yay, the CSO granted me an one-time exception based on that I'm a valued customer. I have been their customer for quite a long period, started my Amazon spreeing since 2007 when Jake was born.

I placed my order for a Kraus KHU100-32 32 inch Undermount Single Bowl 16 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink on 26 Apr and oh mine, they were fast! I received the sink on 3 May. The box arrived with no visible dent. We would usually see boxes with a "fragile" label if they contain fragile items. For this, you see a "heavy" label instead. 

We opened the box to check the sink itself. It took a bit of time and efforts to check as after you opened up the carton box, you see a styrofoam box, after opening it, you see a big black bag, open it up, tadah... The sink is shiny and looks real solid! As for the review on the sink, well... it has to wait, of course! For now, based on what I can see and feel, getting it for <SGD 450 is definitely a good buy!

1 comment:

  1. hello, chanced upon this, and wondering if you'd be happy to share how the kraus sink is holding up after a year of use? thanks!

    ReplyDelete