Sunday, July 17, 2016

Heritage Bathroom Gallery Delivery & Post Sales Service

If you haven't read my earlier post on Heritage Bathroom Gallery, please read here. This post is in a way, a continuation from the previous post. This post would focus on the delivery and post sales service provided by Sharrine/Heritage Bathroom Gallery.

Delivery
We arranged a delivery date with Sharrine. She was unable to promise that our items would be delivered within certain timing, so I called up on the day before the delivery date to confirm on the timing. Sharrine was not in but the staff who took my call told me that he would get his delivery man to call me when he's back from delivery. Later that day, the delivery man called me, so we managed to arrange a mutual timing and he delivered within the time agreed on the next day. However, not all items were delivered as the WCs were to be delivered separately and another delivery person would be delivering the Grohe Eurosmart bundle sets. We told him that we would go to the shop to make payment once we received all items. Shortly, Sharrine called us as they have concerns about payment, so I told her not all items had been delivered. She did not know about a third trip by another delivery person, so upon checking, she told us that the supplier forgot to deliver the Grohe Eurosmart bundle sets to them beforehand, so they're delivering the sets to us directly but could not confirm the timing when we asked. While she was checking on the third trip, we received the Baron WCs, which were delivered directly by Baron. We told her we could go to their shop before they close to make payment but could only do so after all items had been delivered, so we asked if her supplier could deliver the sets to them, which we'll then collect from her and make payment at the same time. Later that night, which was quite close to their shop closing time, Sharrine messaged me if we would be paying the next day, which I replied saying yes, so long the sets were ready for collection, and then she replied they were already ready. Hubby went down the next day to collect the sets and make payment.

+ points: 
  1. The staff who took my call did pass the message to the delivery man.
  2. The delivery man called me, arranged a timing with me and delivered within the timing agreed.
  3. Sharrine/Heritage did arrange with Baron to deliver the WCs after 2pm as per my request.
  4. Sharrine/Heritage was flexible enough to get their supplier to deliver the Grohe Eurosmart bundle sets to them so that we don't have to wait endlessly at home. I was sick, so was really glad that I could go and see my GP after Baron had delivered the WCs. 
- point:
  1. They did not contact me when the sets were delivered to them until later that night. Well, we were not in a hurry and not worried since we had not yet paid the balance, which was far more than what the sets cost.
A little out of topic here but thought I mentioned my curiousity here... if the delivery of Baron WCs is made by Baron themselves, why is Best Toilet Bowl charging additional for delivering of sanitary wares, particularly for Baron WCs that I enquired? The WCs are so heavy that Baron has to send 2 guys to deliver them, so probably that's why Baron is delivering themselves and not the retailer's delivery guy, so does it mean that Baron is charging their retailers for delivery when the retailers are helping them to sell their products? Heritage didn't charge me any extra for delivering of sanitary wares. 

Incident #1 - within first week of installation
After our things were installed and we did an inspection, we found that 1 of the mirrors had a manufacturing defect, so hubby took a photo and sent it to Sharrine to confirm. The LED bulbs for the 2 lights that we bought for the kids' room were supposed to be white light but they turned out to be warm light. The mirror was replaced with a new one and the bulbs were exchanged to white light.

Incident #2 - within 2 weeks of installation
After about 2 weeks of using the Samaire fans, we noticed that the fans were producing some noise, which was kind of irritating. The sound for both fans was different, one seems like it has a loosen screw in the fan as it kept producing "tik tik tok tok" sound while the other has a "tsk tsk" sound. The sound was only more noticeable when the fans were on medium speed. We informed Sharrine and she helped us to call Samaire, providing our invoice to them, and Samaire contacted me shortly to arrange for an appointment to check the fans.

For both incidents, Sharrine helped us to look into our issues and did what she could. She didn't ignore us just because the purchase was already completed with payment fully made. I'm not sure if it's due to the Lemon Law but at least, she did help us and did not take 3 weeks to get back to us, unlike another contractor who did so and also did not pre-arrange an appointment at least a day beforehand, well, this shall be left for another post on another day.

Would I recommend Sharrine/Heritage? Well, conclusion is pretty obvious, isn't it? Look for Sharrine if you're going to Heritage. Other salespersons may be equally good but I can't really comment much since I don't have much dealing with them except that they helped to follow-up when Sharrine is not around and one of the guys (I don't know his name, can only recognise his face) was really nice to offer my son a drumstick, some fries and soft drink during our first visit when the staff was having their late lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment