Sunday, January 21, 2018

My Kraus Sink After 1.5 Years

So... I was reading through the comments that people left on my blog back in 2016/2017 after my last posting on my reno journey in 2016, really sorry that I didn't reply as I don't really have the habit of reading through the comments. Moreover I had been busy with other things, so had stopped blogging for quite a while.

I had previously bought a Kraus sink, all the way from Amazon US, check out my previous posting. I really love how big the sink is, can really dump all my baking/cooking stuff in after using and wash them altogether after I'm done with my baking/cooking stuff.

So how is the sink after 1.5 years of usage? Well, of course, it no longer shines as it used to be when it was first installed, only makes sense, right, after a period of usage. There are some scratches, not sure how they got there, haha... It didn't rust except for an area... but I think I have to blame my hubby for that... When I cook, he washes... so there was once he left a pot soaking with water for quite a while, really for quite some time, then when I spotted it and by the time I removed it from the sink, I saw some sort of stain (not sure if it's rust) on the sink. I tried to use baking soda with vinegar but didn't manage to remove the entire stain. We were at fault to leave the pot there, so wouldn't be fair to blame it on the quality... we may be able to remove the remaining stain if we were to scrub it but decided to just leave it so as not to create more scratches and yet unable to remove the stain, didn't want to make it looks worse! 

You probably be wondering why the pot would be sitting directly on the sink, where's the metal piece that sits on top of the sink which we were supposed to place the pots... We stopped using that metal piece after a while... when we were using it, we found several spots that seemed kind of "rusty", which we were able to remove those spots using baking soda and vinegar. We were not sure if this piece of metal would also really be made of stainless steel. Although the parts of the metal piece that touched the sink were protected with rubber coverings, the rubber thingy would slowly wear off and start to expose the metal part. Also, it's kind of troublesome to wash down any food particle with that piece of metal blocking in the way. What's more, we also need to wash this metal piece... lei chey!

Anyway the sink served the purposes that I were looking at when I bought it. I love to bake/cook, so able to just dump all utensils/cutleries so that they don't clutter the kitchen top space that I need for baking/cooking, and only wash after baking/cooking done so that I could get my baking/cooking done first. I could wash my wok and flip it during washing within the sink so that I don't splash water out of the sink. I could also wash the bigger pots without the tap in the way. The sink in my kitchen is never meant to be for show only, haha... my kitchen is not part of a showroom where things need to look shiny, nice, etc. If for show, I would just buy a small sink so that we don't need to wash such a big sink, haha... makes sense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment