Sunday, January 21, 2018

Post Reno Comments

It's been 1.5 years since my renovation in Jun 2016. Well, any major disaster with any of the service providers or products? I'm glad to say that we have not encountered any major disaster. In fact, I can't really recall there were any minor hiccup.

To sum up,
  • Our aircon system, Mitsubishi Starmex System 4 (MXY-4A28VA, MSY-GE24VA & MSY-GE10VA), is working pretty well since installation. I don't find the compressor to be noisy. In fact, I find it rather quiet when it's compared to my 10+ years old aircon system, haha... but seriously, I don't find it noisy as what some people had commented on forums. We felt rather cold in our bedroom even after we had set the air-con setting to Econo Cool, which was set at 26 degree celsius. The bedrooms were cooled down rather fast as we usually switched on the air-con for only 1 bedroom, at most 2 bedrooms concurrently. It didn't take very long to cool down the living room too and it can even get a bit cold with a crowd of more than 10 persons. Any problem with the workmanship? Well, we have past the 1 year workmanship warranty for half a year now and we have not contacted Harvest Aire during this 1.5 year, so what do you think?
  • How's our electrical wiring so far? We had a minor incident whereby I had to climb up to reach the new circuit breaker to get back my electricity... I forgot what triggered it but it goes to show that the circuit breaker works, haha...
  • What about carpentry works done by our ID? The platform, cupboards, display cabinets, doors, hinges, etc are still intact and working, phew... lol!
If you asked me would I recommend the service providers whom I previously engaged, I would honestly tell you yes for air-con and electrical, as for ID, err... (go figure out what this means, lol!) To be fair though, the ID was at least responsible enough to complete the renovation works that we engaged him to do so and within a challenging period of 4 weeks for most of the works to be done, except that he didn't make good the bedroom doors that his contractors had spoiled (still a bit sore on this, haha...). Well, still considered ourselves lucky to be able to move back to our nest that we can still live comfortably in.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm in your situation now. My air con is more than 15 years and needs to be changed. The existing pipes needs to be removed which goes thru the built-in cabinet.
    If you could be so kind, can you perhaps let me know who is your contractor for your air con?

    Thanks,
    Cleo
    cleomy [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete