Sunday, January 21, 2018

What I like about ABC Cooking Studio?

Many of my friends know that I like to bake/cook and I have been attending quite a number of baking/cooking lessons, particularly at ABC Cooking Studio. It originated from Japan and the Singapore Studio opened in 2015. I don't know the exact date that the Singapore Studio opened but one thing for sure is that I'm one of the pioneer batch of members. I signed up as a member on 25 May 2015 after attending a trial with a friend to learn to bake Gateau au Chocolat. I took up the basic and master cakes package. 

Back then, it was really frustrating to try to book lessons... I basically had to get ready to logon to the booking system at 12 midnight every day as lessons would get fully booked within minutes!!! I'm not exaggerating... it's really that hard to book lessons especially if the instructors were popular! At times, even when you were okay to go with any instructor, you would still not be able to book a lesson if your hands were not fast enough to click or your Internet connection screwed you up at the critical booking moment, haha... I often complained to the managers about the lack of lessons for members to book. Things improved over the time and the booking system got slightly better. Although booking of lessons wasn't easy, I managed to complete all my 18 basic cake lessons by 29 September 2015, amazingly in just slightly more than 4 months, average about 5 to 6 lessons every month! For basic cakes course, they offered 6 recipes every month for 3 months before the recipes were repeated.

While I was still attending my basic cakes course, I also topped up and signed up a 8 breads course and a wagashi course. It was a lot easier to book bread lessons as members within same table, same timing, could sign up for different breads, meaning all 4 members could be doing 4 different breads depending on individual preference. I didn't sign up cooking lessons but I attended a few cooking lessons using free tickets that I have gotten for introducing friends to sign up or when I topped up certain amount. 

I started my master cakes course on 25 October 2015 and completed on 11 July 2016. The journey to complete this course took longer as they only offered 2 recipes every month for 6 months before the recipes were repeated.

By then, I had completed 18 basic cakes course, 12 master cakes course, a 8 bread course, and a wagashi course. What's next??? I started to sign up for my children, lol! My then 9 years old son was enrolled for a 6 basic cakes course and my then 4 years old girl was enrolled for a kids course. Am I a loyal supporter of ABC Cooking Studio? The only person spared for now, from even attending trial with me, is my husband but I'll pull him along if I ever really want to attend a seasonal trial so badly, hahahaha...

What do I like about ABC Cooking Studio so much despite the initial unhappiness when they were still establishing the business here? Trust me, I did try other baking lessons conducted by different somewhat established bakeries/instructors but at the end of the day, I still like ABC Cooking Studio... (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment